Friday, November 7, 2014

Beauty: Three Specific Beauty Products I have Stuck With...



There are three specific beauty products that you will always find in my make-up bag. Ever since I started using these products, I have honestly never found any other version of these items, that I seem to like more! These beauty tools, mascara, eyeliner & foundation, are definite essentials for nearly anyone who wears make-up. 



Why I love these particular products?
Accessibility. Inexpensiveness. Quality. 





Mascara: L'OREAL PARIS VOLUMINOUS ORIGINAL in CARBON BLACK 

Whether you already have long, thick lashes or not, this mascara definitely gives every eye-lash the length and thickness, that best accentuate those eyes. Isn't that what we all want in a mascara?!




Eyeliner: L'OREAL PARIS TELESCOPIC PRECISION LIQUID EYELINER in CARBON BLACK

Not everyone feels comfortable applying liquid eyeliner. It usually takes practice to master its' application and the right product to make it easy, but when applied, the outcome of liquid liner is much more precise, definitive and bold in its' color. This is why I love this particular eyeliner. It can be handled with enough pressure without loosing accurateness. It can create lines that are both thick or thin and there is no need for multiple layer application. 



Foundation for Everyday: BARE ESCENTUALS BAREMINERALS MATTE/ORIGINAL SPF 15

Bare Escentuals is one of the first, if not the pioneer in the phenomenon of mineral based foundations and the brand, Bare Escentuals, has proven to continue being the best in the market. As more mineral based foundations hit the stores through various make-up brands, this one for me, still remains to be my favorite. It minimizes the appearance of pores, but without the appearance of wearing too much make-up! I started with its' original version, which is still a bestseller. I switched to getting the matte version when it came out several years after the original, simply because I liked how it felt and appeared on my skin, slightly better. Whether to go with the original or matte versions of this mineral product is all dependent on your skin and its' appearance after application. Personally, the matte version gives me less shiny areas, the color seem to blend more evenly and precisely unto my skin tone. Not everyone may be a fan of mineral based foundation with an application that is a lot like putting on facial powder, but I am, especially for daily use, and unlike what many may speculate, this product can appear flawless unto your skin, all day long! No constant retouches necessary...   


It's been years since I started using any of these products and once in awhile, I may try different brands or version of these products to test and experiment with but it is difficult to convince myself to permanently switch them out for anything else, when each of these items already does the job right, the investment is so much less than other high quality beauty products of its kind and I don't have to search far and wide, to get my hands on them. So, after all these years, they are constant fixtures in my make-up bag and I am still in love with them!

Check out:  ULTA & SEPHORA