Sunday, July 13, 2014

New Artist/Debut Album: Sam Smith



I am so excited about this new artist and his music. Sam Smith's debut album "In the Lonely Hour" is truly amazing! His voice is refreshing. His music, style and sound is unlike anyone else's out there, in this moment of popular music, yet his songs are classic and timeless. I love how the lyrics to his songs, read like poetry. I love his voice, literally in reference to the sound and figuratively, in reference to what he sings about, what he represents and the stories, as well as the emotions being conveyed through his voice. He has a smooth, soulful, versatile sound that makes every track on this album, worth listening to. I believe Sam Smith is truly an undeniable talent. Sam Smith may be a new face in the international scene of the music industry, but I have a feeling he will be around for quite sometime, perhaps even winning a few Grammys while in the spotlight.